Friday, February 21, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies.  I have tried many different recipes and I always come back to my tried and true Nestle Toll House Recipe.  Perhaps its just comfort, or maybe after baking so many cookies I know what my preference is, all I know is that I love these!  This recipe can be used with shortening which does yield a fluffier cookie, however, butter provides a richer flavor and a nice balance between a crisp edge with a soft center.



Chocolate Chip Cookies (Adapted from Nestle Toll House)
1 cup butter at room temperature
3/4 c white sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp real vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2-3 cups flour (I always check after 2 1/2 cups to see how sticky the dough is)
2 cups chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a cookie sheet with a non stick baking sheet, my favorite brand is Silpat. Cream butter and both sugars together.  Add eggs one at a time, beating in between.  Add vanilla, salt, and baking soda.  Mix together.  Add flour one cup at a time mixing well until dough is not sticking to fingers.  With a spoon stir in chocolate chips.  Drop cookie dough by the spoonfuls onto the cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.  





No comments:

Post a Comment